Self Catering Terms & Conditions
Muckrach self catering TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tel: 01479 851227
All hotel services are provided by Muckrach Country House Hotel, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey Aviemore Morayshire PH26 3LY “the Hotel”
Telephone +44 (0) 1479 851227
Muckrach Hotel is the trading name of HFS Highland Limited, a company registered under the Companies Acts (Registered number 08787479) and having its registered office at The Hollies, Forest Road, Little Budworth, Cheshire, CW6 9ES (“The Company”)
When making a booking your contract will be with The Company.
To secure your booking details of a valid credit card will be taken with a 20% deposit required.
We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, Solo, Diners and Amex cards.
Changes can be made to your booking but are subject to the following terms:
- Changes can be made up to 48 hours before the day of your arrival (no changes can be made after this time)
- All changes made are subject to a £20.00 administration fee per booking
- Any difference in price will be charged in addition to the original booking. Please note that if the total price of the new reservation is lower than the original booking, no refund will be made and the £20.00 administration fee will still apply.
- Changes cannot be made on line and can only be made by contacting our reservations team on 01479 851227
- Additional rooms and services are subject to availability
CANCELLATION OF THE BOOKING BY YOU
In order to avoid cancellation charges, guests should observe the Hotel’s cancellation policy
Changes may be made to your booking but are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice. You will be charged 25% of the total value of your booking.
- Cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice. You will charged 50% of the total value of your booking.
- No check in on the day of your arrival. You will be charged 100% of the value of your booking.
Failure to observe the Hotel’s cancellation policy will result in charges being made.
The Hotel reserves the right to charge the guarantee cards up to 100% of the reservation value if the terms and conditions are breached.
Where a reservation by one party consists of 3 or more rooms, this will be considered by the Hotel as a Block Booking. The cancellation provisions apply to a Block Booking on the value of the total booking.
In order to avoid cancellation charges, guests should observe the Hotels cancellation policy which is up to 48 hours prior to 14.00hrs on the day of arrival.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO A BOOKING BY US
Very occasionally we may need to cancel or amend your booking. We will however use reasonable endeavours to try and re locate any confirmed booking cancelled by us to an alternative location in a similar standard to the Hotel.
You have the right to:
- Accept the changed arrangements as notified, or
- Cancel you reservation and receive a full refund of any monies you have paid to the Hotel in respect to your booking (please note that the Hotel is not liable for any sums paid to any to any other person in connection with your booking and has no further a liability arising out of such cancellation)
If you wish to amend your booking, please advise us as soon as possible.
Additional extras can be added on to your booking at any point before your stay.
Changes to the date of your booking are subject to availability and will incur a £20 administration fee. Changes made within 28 days of check in will be treated as a cancellation and will be handled according to the cancellation policy.
Due to the popularity of bookings for Christmas and New Year, the above rearrangement terms and conditions do not apply. Unfortunately we cannot rearrange your booking for Christmas and New Year after the end of the August leading up to your booking. Any cancellations after the end of August for Christmas or New Year will be subject to the full cost of the booking.
ADVERSE WEATHER NOTE
If your travel plans are affected by adverse weather conditions, please see our policy for changing or cancelling a booking. You can speak to a member of the team at the Hotel on 01479 851 227. Wherever possible we will try our best to move and accommodate your booking.
PROMOTIONAL AND VOUCHER CODES
Only 1 promotional code may be used per reservation. All offers are subject to availability and at the management’s discretion. The Hotel does not accept liability for incorrect offers and terms being stated on external voucher code websites and cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content or availability information about the Hotel or the company that may be found on third party websites.
We accept most major credit cards, debit cards and cash. Prior to your departure from the Hotel, you will be required to settle your bill which will be the balance due for the rooms and any extras incurred during your stay.
If your bill is not settled prior to departure, the Hotel reserves the right, and you grant permission for the Hotel to charge any balance due to the card used to make the booking.
You will be asked to pay a deposit of 20% of total cost at time of booking. This is non-refundable.
The remaining balance of the booking is to be paid 28 days before the check in date; with your permission we can process this using the same card used for the deposit. Whilst we will endeavor to contact you, it is your responsibility to arrange the payment. If this is not arranged and we cannot make contact we will cancel the reservation and reserve the right to resell the dates in question.
Full payment is required upon booking if a booking is made and the check in date is less than 28 days away. Bookings made within 7 days of arrival will be charged on check in using a chip and pin machine.
Guests liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges incurred.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check in time is from 15.00hrs – 21.00hrs. Guests delayed during travel or plan on arriving outside of these times, must contact the hotel so that arrangements can be made.
Check out time is 11.00 hrs
Baggage can be stored on site and you can use the Hotel facilities if you arrive early.
Please contact one of the team on 01479 851227 to discuss your specific individual requirements and the availability of appropriate accommodation and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Stag and Hen Parties
Muckrach does not accept bookings from Stag and Hen parties. If you are found to be a booking that we feel fall fits into this category and you have not disclosed this at the time of booking we will cancel your booking or remove you from the site, should your parties’ behaviours and conduct need us to do so. The Police will be involved should we deem it necessary.
During your stay we ask that you consider all other hotel users and our neighbours. We ask that noise is kept to a minimum after 10pm. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. If our on-site warden is called to you on the request of another party then if it is deemed necessary, you and your party will be asked to leave and if necessary the Police will be called.
The Self catering accommodation is dog friendly. We also have a Dog Friendly Garden Twin/Double (Tomintoul) and a Dog Friendly Garden Suite (Aberlour) which are situated in a building adjacent to the main hotel.
Your well behaved dogs are also allowed in the Library of the main hotel, provided they are on a lead.
Cars, vehicles and their contents are left at the owners/customers own risk.
We do not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
All children (a person under 16 years of age) staying at the Hotel must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
We reserve the right and hereby authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the Hotel during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing when you leave.
REMOVAL OF PROPERTY
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing become evident after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Should we find after departure items, fixtures and fittings are missing, removed or broken then we will contact the Police if we feel items have been stolen or damaged intentionally. Broken items we deem to be “broken beyond reasonable damage” will be charged accordingly.
Guests are requested to conduct themselves appropriately at all times and to comply with these terms and conditions /and or requests with regard to conduct and respect for the property of the Hotel, its employees and guests and their health and safety. Guests are requested not to disrupt the comfort and enjoyment of other guests the smooth running of the Hotel or cause offence to other guests or our members of staff.
We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or services or remove you and members of your party from the Hotel, if in our reasonable opinion, we consider this provision to be breached. Where this is the case the Hotel shall have no obligation to refund you for lost accommodation other services or any loss for expense incurred.
We would kindly request that the Dulnain is kept in a reasonable order and that on the day of departure any used kitchen items are placed into the dishwasher and the programme is started. Should the Dulnain require excessive cleaning then a minimum £250.00 charge will be added to account for this.
Under Scots Law; it is illegal to smoke in any part of the Hotel and guests are not permitted to smoke in rooms or public areas. If traces of smoking are found in your room on departure there will be a minimum charge of £500.00 will be added to you bill or charged to your credit card.
TAMPERING WITH FIRE DETECTION SYSTEMS AND FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT
We reserve the right to take action against any person found to have tampered/interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout Muckrach, including detector heads in public areas and Lodges, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by Muckrach due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at Muckrach’s discretion. Should tampering with the fire detection equipment become evident after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Should any guest lose any belongings during their stay or incur damage to their property, the provision of Muckrach Proprietors Act 1956 will apply. If we find any lost property, we will make every reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, but if we cannot locate the owner and an item is not reclaimed with 3 months of the guest’s departure it will be disposed of by Muckrach.
RETURN OF ROOM KEYS
There will be a £25.00 charge should a guest lose or damage keys. Failure to return keys to reception on departure could also incur the same charge.
**Please note that whilst the hot tub is an added feature of the Dulnain to be enjoyed by our guests, they are by design a mechanical piece of equipment and as such can be subject to malfunction. Some faults are not always possible to repair immediately if and when they occur, and whilst every effort will be made to rectify the problem it may be beyond our control. Muckrach will not be liable for any inconvenience caused if upon arrival or during your stay a hot tub does malfunction and is out of action. If you have any concerns over this, please do let us know.**
– For your comfort and enjoyment the Hot Tubs are maintained at approximately 40 degrees in temperature.
– They are checked and cleaned on a daily basis and any chemicals required will be added.
– Children under 3 years of age are NOT permitted in the Hot tubs.
– Children under 16 years of age must be supervised by a responsible adult.
– You are responsible for your actions whilst using this facility and the Management cannot be held responsible for any miss use or accidents whilst using the hot tubs.
– It is not advisable to drink alcohol whilst using the hot tubs, however should you wish to do so, please note no glass is permitted in the hot tubs or immediate surrounding area and plastic items are provided for this use.
– For safety and hygiene reasons please shower before use to remove skin creams, nail polish and cosmetics.
– Take care when wet to avoid slipping on decking.
– Do not add any product ( eg shampoo, soap etc) to the hot tub water.
– Please be respectful of other guests and residents and keep noise to a minimum.
– We kindly ask that you respect our intention to maintain high levels of hygiene at all times and that should the hot tub be found to be contaminated in any way we reserve the right to apply a minimum charge of £100.00 to cover additional cleaning and decontamination processes.
There will be a charge made against the booking if the Hot Tub is contaminated and unclean. This can happen when the terms and conditions of use are not followed by all users. A charge of £200.00 will be made for extra cleaning of any Hot Tub.
Where any Hot Tub has had to be drained because of glass or foreign matter found in the tub then a further charge of £200.00 will be made against the booking.
CUSTOMER RATING SYSTEM
By accessing, browsing, using, registering or contributing to Muckrach or any other area you confirm that you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below.
OWNERSHIP OF SUBMISSIONS
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
A disclosure, submission or offer of any Submissions and your agreement to these terms and conditions shall constitute an assignment to Muckrach of any intellectual property rights. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, including questions, or to make contact with other users of our site or to make Submissions on any related third party website or page, you must comply with the content standards set out below and these terms. Any third-party advertising on Muckrach’s pages or third party social networking sites are not the responsibility of, or endorsed by, Muckrach. All rights, including copyright on The Hollies pages are owned by or licensed to Muckrach. Any use of any Muckrach social networking pages or their contents, including copying or storing them in whole or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Muckrach. All worldwide rights reserved.
Any material you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site or any of Muckrach related third party social networking sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our website. We have the right to remove any Submissions you make on our website if, in our opinion, such Submission does not comply with the content standards set out below.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTING COMMENTS
You must be 18 years of age or older
You must be registered to post a submission
Suppliers or manufacturers are not eligible to post a submission
RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
Please be polite and only write in English.
You confirm that the Submission is your own and that the content does not infringe the material, trademarks or intellectual property of others.
Submissions should not include:
- Profanity, blasphemy, spiteful, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous or discriminatory comments or content that might be considered to be harassment, abuse or threats against the personal safety or property of others
- Comments about other reviewers or bloggers
- Remarks that repeat criminal accusations, false, defamatory or misleading statements
- Material which impersonates others
- Spam or advertising
- Third party brand names or trade marks
- Personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers
- HTML code, computer script or website urls
- Availability, price or alternative ordering or delivery information
- Information about Muckrach suppliers or manufacturers
- Muckrach, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to:
- Not publish the Submission or remove it
- Take any appropriate action if deemed necessary
- Remove reviews which relate to seasonal products which are no longer in season
- Please contact us if you see any Submissions, which do not comply with these rules.